Leaders in Learning
Project Literacy is a National & Training NPO that has been around since 1973.
to our Cause
Project Literacy Education Centres
Branch: Nedbank Business Pretoria
Branch Code: 149745
Reference: Your Name
Welcome to Project Literacy
To deliver a wide range of Education and Training programmes to educationally disadvantaged people by way of education centres, educator training, curriculum development and community outreach.
To effect broad based black socio-economic development through high quality education and training programmes.
Project Literacy is a leader in learning and works nationally with individuals, communities and government specialising in the following areas:
- Adult education and training (AET) delivery
- ETDP training which includes AET practitioner learnerships
- Assessor, Moderator, Coaching and Train the Trainer courses
- Foundational Learning Competencies (FLC)
- Community capacity building
- HIV/Aids awareness
- SMME training
- Large-scale project management
- Materials Development
- Family Literacy through the Run Home to Read Project
- Educational consultation across the spectrum from family literacy programmes, enhancing language and communication in primary school children, project management of large scale AET training interventions, teaching AET and other learning interventions to illiterate adults, AET and bridging training programmes for youth and adults.
Project Literacy was established initially as a grassroots literacy project in 1973, and registered as a non profit company in 1986, to address the needs of illiterate and semi-literate adults in South Africa.
The company is a leader in learning with expertise in a wide range of Education and Training programmes with more than 40 years experience in AET provision. With its headquarters in Pretoria, its training programmes reach adults and youth learners nationwide. Its funded family literacy programme, Run Home to Read, is presently operational in Soshanguwe, Polokwane and Smash Block in Limpopo, Kliptown in Gauteng and Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga.
460 Johannes Ramokhoase St,
+27 12 323 3447 / +27 86 010 0143
460 Johannes Ramokhoase St, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083
PO Box 57280, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007